Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Freezer is Stocked Once Again

Man, did I have a busy weekend. We went apple-picking two weekends ago, so I had a bag full of apples to deal with and my freezer was in desperate need of more meals. So I ventured out to Shaw's...I hardly ever go to Shaw's...but they had this awesome deal in their flyer on meats. It's called "Pick 4". You pick 4 meats with the "Pick 4" label on them and with the coupon in the flyer you get all 4 meats for $19.99 regardless of what the true prices are!! Sounds like a deal to me. So here is what my freezer contains as I type:

2 Apple Breads...although I made 6 in total, gave away 3 and already consumed 1!
2 Ziplock Bags of Chicken Veggie Soup
2 Ziplock Bags of Marinated Steak Tips
1 Bag of Honey Lime Chicken Thighs
1 Lasagna
1 Container of Taco Shells
1 Bag of Cooked Pork Chops
1 Bag of Meatballs

I also cooked up a whole chicken and need to shred the meat. I plan on making 4 calzones with that meat. 2 Buffalo Chicken and 2 Chicken Parmesan. I also have some leftover Pepperoni that I hope to use up, so another calzone may be on its way.

Phew!! I am exhausted! That was alot of cooking, but hopefully we will be stocked for a couple of weeks. It really does pay off to spend one day just cooking your meals. After a long day at work, it's nice to know that you have a decent meal to come home to and that all the prep work has been done beforehand. I should have done this years ago!!

I leave you with some pics from our apple picking/pumpkin picking adventure:







2 comments:

Patience said...

I am jealous of your freezer. I really need to get back into crockpotting and freezer cooking.

NancyandMark said...

It makes my life so much easier to take one day...maybe every 2 weeks on the weekend...and cook alot. I enjoy cooking, so it's not that bad for me, but to do it every day after work is just way too draining for me. GL!!