Saturday, October 23, 2010

I think I have figured it out....

...meaning housework that is! I have been struggling to find a way to get the important things done, i.e. food, laundry, house-cleaning, etc. so that I won't be totally exhausted after every...single...day. Just this week, I think I have figured it out.

Many of you know that I have started freezing my meals for the week. This has been a huge help!! So huge, I can't even explain it. Just by taking one day...usually a Saturday or Sunday and making batches of meals for the weeks ahead has probably saved me 1hr to 1.5hrs after I get home from work. HUGE!! I just pop the meal in the oven for 30 minutes and while that is cooking, I am cleaning up the dishes from the morning and tidying up. After dinner, there is really no cleanup since all I really have to do is rinse the dishes that were used and place them in the dishwasher. HUGE!!

Just this past week I have resorted to doing 1 load of laundry every night. I would usually do all the laundry over a weekend, never any during the weekday. Now that I sit here, on a Saturday morning typing this blog, I realize what a HUGE time saver this has been. Today...I have NO laundry to do!! I am totally caught up and probably won't have to start another load until Tuesday night! HUGE help!! Which leads me to house-cleaning...

Since my meals are done & frozen for next week...I spent the prior weekend making up to 2 weeks worth...I can now focus on the housework. I have already vacuumed our downstairs level, while Christopher followed me around every room pushing his toy train like a vacuum cleaner...have I mentioned that I adore this age?!! I just need to focus on cleaning our bathrooms this weekend...that...is...it!!

Now...what am I going to do with myself?? I have this weekend free. First, I think I will shower. That sounds like a plan. Second, maybe I will catch up on that book that I was reading. I don't know!!

Well, I better go enjoy my time while Christopher is napping!

I leave you with another picture of my handsome little man.

No comments: