Monday, September 27, 2010

Things that I am Thankful For...

besides family and friends (of course)!

* Drive Up Windows - I totally took for granted the convenience of the drive up windows before motherhood. They are truly fabulous inventions for families with newborns/toddlers in not having to take the child out of the car... wherever.you.go!! We especially enjoy them at the bank, CVS Pharmacy and of course...Dunkin' Donuts. Thank you drive up window!!

* Playgrounds w/Toddler Swings - again, another convenience that I took for granted. On a beautiful day, where would be without the fun-filled playground with the toddler swing. And to top it off...they are free!

* Catch-all Bibs, like this little baby:

These are one of theee best inventions EVER!! Right up there with the Post-It Note. Someone out there is making mad money off of these. They catch the food right in the pocket of the bid...no mess! Plus, Christopher loves to eat the remaining pieces that fall into the pocket. A true meaning of "save-it" for later...HA!!

* Velcro - especially on sneakers/shoes. I know that this has been around for moons, but you get to experience it all again with little babies. Word to the wise, if you are going to choose between the velcro or the tied sneakers to purchase for your toddler, I would recommend the velcro. Try putting socks and sneakers on a now-mobil toddler....and then try to tie the sneakers...ummm, not.going.to.happen...or at least, not going to happen in a timely fashion. Velcro is definitely the way to go!

* Craigslist - at this point in time. Do you know how many baby items are being sold over Craiglist? ALOT! We just purchase 2 toddler car seats from this fabulous mother of 1 (soon-to-be 2 though) in Bristol for...can you guess? $50.00 each!! They were in top-notch condition and a great steal! Not only do they have car seats on there, but also toys, swings, strollers, clothes,..you name it, someone is probably selling it.

There are definitely more things that I am thankful for and I am sure I will post them sporadically when they come to mind. But the above just popped into my head over the weekend.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

PhinneyGirl said...

Great list! I too am so thankful for drivethroughs...I go 2 miles out of my way sometimes to hit the Starbucks drive through rather than get my child in/out of the car/store.
I also love Craigslist, we've bought and sold many items on there.